Check my claim Check claim
Or call free on:
We take your data seriously. See our privacy policy & terms.
By submitting this form you agree to be contacted by our partners.

When you submit your details, you'll be in safe hands. At Consumer Injury Claims, we work with various partners. All our solicitor partners are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Their friendly legal services advisers will call you to talk about your claim and give you free, no-obligation advice. Our Partners may pay us a marketing fee for our services.

By submitting your personal data, you agree for your details to be provided to our partner upon your request so they can contact you to discuss your claim.

If you win your case, your solicitor's success fee will be taken from the compensation you are awarded - up to a maximum of 25%. Your solicitor will discuss any fees with you before starting your case.

Pavement Trips

Making a claim following a footpath trip or fall

Slips, trips and falls on the footpath can cause painful and sometimes severe injuries - and may also leave you feeling embarrassed and frustrated. Every highway authority has a duty to keep roads and footpaths safe, to make sure that pedestrians and road users are unharmed. However, sometimes serious accidents happen because of the poor maintenance of footpaths. For instance, this might include cracked surfaces, or raised footpaths due to tree roots, as well as potholes and damaged curbs. If pavement has not been properly maintained and you've tripped and injured yourself because of it, then we can help you make it right, our expert legal adviser will be able to help you make a compensation claim if your accident happened in the last three years. The compensation you receive will cover all the costs of your medical treatment, as well as the impact it’s had on your life.

If you want to make a claim, firstly you must talk to a trained legal adviser on . They will be happy to answer any of your questions.

How much compensation will I receive?

How much compensation you will receive will depend on your injuries and any financial losses you have incurred. In terms of your damages, the compensation you receive will take into account the type of injury, the seriousness, and the impact it has had or will continue to have on your day-to-day life.

Tripping on a public pavement

According to the Highways Act 1980, the local authority has the responsibility to make sure footpaths are in a safe condition and free from blockage.

If you have doubts about the claim, you can get in touch with a legal adviser on .

Tripping on a private walkway

You could also make a compensation claim if you have been injured on privately owned land – such as in a supermarket parking area. According to the Occupiers’ Liability Act 1957 it is the duty of Personal estate and property owners to make sure their property is safe, and this includes pathways they provide.

What if you were injured while trespassing?

It is difficult to claim, but possible, you might be able to claim even if you were trespassing on someone’s private land because the landowner's duty of care applies to everyone. But you must need enough evidence to prove that the property owner owes you a duty of care and he breached that failed duty, and as a result, you get injured.

Proving your accident was someone else’s fault

For a Pavement trip compensation claims require specific information to be provided to be able to claim successfully.   This includes:

Proving the size of the fault. It can be a hole, pothole, you should try to demonstrate, with photographic evidence, that the fault was more than 1 inch in height or depth.

Demonstrating that the local authority or owner didn’t inspect or maintain the defect adequately. A specialist personal injury lawyer should have the knowledge to be able to gain information to support a claim.

You could help your solicitor by taking photographs of the defect prior to it being repaired.

Your brief statement of injury, such as where it happened, the condition of the footpath, and whether it happened in light or dark.

Contact details of any witnesses

Details of an official objection made to the authority responsible for maintaining the footpaths

If there is a CCTV camera in the area where you fall, then you can get it, by requesting the footage from the owner of the camera and he is forced to hand it over within 40 days

You can show them the medical records of any medical treatment you’ve received for your injury

You can show them the records or invoice for any expenses caused by your injury, such as a receipt, travel expenses, and medical bills

If you want to make a claim, firstly you must talk to a trained legal adviser on . They will be happy to answer any of your questions.