Check my claim Check claim
Or call free on:
We take your data seriously. See our privacy policy & terms.
By submitting this form you agree to be contacted by our partners.

When you submit your details, you'll be in safe hands. At Consumer Injury Claims, we work with various partners. All our solicitor partners are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Their friendly legal services advisers will call you to talk about your claim and give you free, no-obligation advice. Our Partners may pay us a marketing fee for our services.

By submitting your personal data, you agree for your details to be provided to our partner upon your request so they can contact you to discuss your claim.

If you win your case, your solicitor's success fee will be taken from the compensation you are awarded - up to a maximum of 25%. Your solicitor will discuss any fees with you before starting your case.

Frequently Asked Questions

We can answer your questions about personal injury claims

Claiming compensation after an accident by himself can seem daunting, and we know that you have a lot of doubts about your claim, legal rights, the process involved, and how we can help you.

We have answered some of the frequently asked questions below, but you can also contact a trained legal adviser for free advice. They will be happy to answer any of your questions, and never pressurize you into claiming. 

How do I find out if I have a claim?

Typically, if you have suffered damage in the last three years (not in the case of a child) because of an accident or medical mistake that was not your fault, then it’s likely you have a claim.

What is a personal injury?

A personal injury is a physical or psychological injury, mental or emotional harm, illness, or disease that has been caused by somebody else. Personal injuries are normally the result of accidents that were preventable and shouldn’t have happened at all.

What is no win no fee?

A ‘no win no fee’ settlement, also known as a conditional fee settlement, is an arrangement between you and your lawyer. with a no win no fee if your compensation claim is unsuccessful, you will not have to pay your solicitor. You will be charged only when your compensation claim is successful.

Can I claim on someone else’s behalf?

Yes, but to be able to bring a claim on someone else’s behalf you need to be his ‘litigation friend’, that person can be a ‘minor’ (someone under 18) or a ‘protected party’ (someone who can’t make a claim themselves). 

How do I start a claim?

Firstly, You should contact an expert legal adviser for free on . They will discuss your incident so that they can get a better view of what happened.

If you want to move further to the next step, they will hire an experienced solicitor for you. Your solicitor will contact the other party and negotiate the best compensation for you.

Is there a time limit for making a claim?

According to section 11 of the Limitation Act 1980, the time limitation for a personal injury claim is 3 years from the date they first become aware that they’d been treated negligently. 

In the case of children, this time limitation period doesn't start until their 18th birthday, After that, they are eligible to claim for themselves. In the case of someone who is mentally incapacitated because of the injury, the three-year period starts when they became mentally stable. 

Do I need to do anything to help my case?

To help the case, you will need to provide solid evidence to your solicitor, the rest of the work your solicitor can do by himself. All you need to do is concentrate on your recovery and, if you can, keep a record of your incident; keep photographs of your injuries; keep records of expenses such as receipt and invoice.

How long does it take to make a claim?

Every case is different, which makes it difficult for us to say how long your compensation claim might take. If a claim is for minor injuries, and liability is accepted, then it can be finished within months. Claims take time when liability is denied and cases go to court. 

Will I have to go to court?

Not necessarily, Almost all personal injury claims are settled out of the court. Even if the case goes to court your solicitor can proceed with the claim on your behalf.

How do I finance my claim?

Almost all the personal injury claims can be done on no win no fee basis. And all solicitors have no problem with the Conditional Fee Agreement. With no win no fee, you will be risk-free of any financial loss. You will only be charged when your claim succeeded, otherwise not. 

How much compensation will I get?

The compensation you get will depend on the severity of the injury, the expanse of treatment, and the losses you suffer because of the accident. Your solicitor will also take into consideration your further treatment and the impact your accident will have on your future.

Who pays my compensation?

Mostly the insurance company of the negligent party pays out your compensation. This other party can be a person or an organization – known in the claim as the ‘defendant’.

If there is no record of a person such as a hit and run claim or the defendant is uninsured then, your compensation is usually paid out by the Motor Insurers’ Bureau.

Can I claim a family member?

Yes, it is not so uncommon the compensation paid out by their insurance company and your relative will not have to be paid through his pocket. For instance, if you were traveling with your relative who was driving and was injured in an accident caused by your relative, then you will receive compensation from their insurance company. 

Whatever the circumstances, your solicitor will put your mind at rest if the claim involves a relative.

Can I receive compensation for losses other than my injury?

Yes! whatever you have suffered or lost or paid, you can claim compensation for that including physical injuries and mental and emotional harm, and financial losses.

The compensation you receive will cover all of your losses including loss of earnings and future earnings in some cases. Your solicitor will make sure you get enough compensation to get your life back on track.

Will I have to go for a medical assessment?

Yes! you have to go for a medical assessment. It is vital evidence to strengthen your claim, which your solicitor can arrange for you.

The doctor will make an official report by reviewing your medical history and your statement about the accident. Your solicitor will use this as proof during your compensation claim.

Who are your solicitors?

We work with various Partner solicitor firms who will be able to assist you based on the type of your claim.