Check my claim Check claim
Or call free on:
We take your data seriously. See our privacy policy & terms.
By submitting this form you agree to be contacted by our partners.

When you submit your details, you'll be in safe hands. At Consumer Injury Claims, we work with various partners. All our solicitor partners are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Their friendly legal services advisers will call you to talk about your claim and give you free, no-obligation advice. Our Partners may pay us a marketing fee for our services.

By submitting your personal data, you agree for your details to be provided to our partner upon your request so they can contact you to discuss your claim.

If you win your case, your solicitor's success fee will be taken from the compensation you are awarded - up to a maximum of 25%. Your solicitor will discuss any fees with you before starting your case.


There are a high number of farmers and farmworkers in the UK. Sometimes accidents do happen in farming as well. Farming can be of various types like agriculture work, animal farms, poultry farms, etc. Some farms are on a smaller scale and some are on a very large scale with a large number of farmworkers.

Some farm work may include working with farm machinery and equipment or working with farm animals. If you have suffered from farm-related injuries, then you can file for farm accident compensation claim. The farm accident claims also cover anyone who has been injured on a farm; it might be a farmworker, a visitor, a guest.

Common farm accidents

The most common farm accidents include:

Some farm accidents can be fatal as well or some may have life-changing consequences. Nor do all compensation claims arise as a result of a one-off incident or accident. Many farmworkers develop illnesses over the future which might be traced back to inhaling dangerous dust, coming into contact with toxic chemicals, being exposed to noise and vibrations, and being affected by zoonoses – an umbrella term covering a range of illnesses that can be passed from animals to humans. Regardless of how the injury or illness occurs, it should be examined in light of the duty of care which an employer has. Likewise, because the legislation already mentioned, the person who wrote it for the running of a farm also contains a responsibility to check with their employee's problems with health and safety, either via union representatives or on a one-to-one basis, and to hold our regular risk assessments of any activities.

What can I claim for?

Every farm accident case is different. However, the compensation amount depends on the seriousness of the injury. Serious injuries impact one's daily life and hence can lead to more compensation. Personal injury claims usually involve claiming for two sorts of compensation: General damages and special damages.

General damages include compensation for the pain, suffering, and loss of amenity you have got suffered as a result of your farm-related injuries. Special damages involve compensation for loss of earnings or future medical expenses etc.

Filing claiming farm accident compensation

If you have suffered injuries and someone else can be blamed, then you can claim farm accident compensation. If the farm owner failed to ensure your safety at work and injuries occurred because of the farm owner's negligence, then you can file a compensation claim against the farm owner. However, the claim must be made within the 3 years of the injury. In case of a diagnosed illness, the claim should be filed within the 3 years of the diagnosis. It's your duty to prove the negligence hence you need to keep the accounts of any witnesses, the entry in an accident book, medical records, etc. Any photographs or video of the scene of the incident can make it easier to win the compensation amount.

How much compensation can you get?

The compensation amount will depend on the seriousness of injuries or the severity of your illness. If your future working capabilities are impacted, then you can get the special damages covers which include immediate and future expenses like travel costs, medical bills, and loss of earnings.


How We can help you?

ConsumerInjuryClaims has a team of expert personal injury solicitors who can always negotiate to get you the maximum amount of compensation you deserve. The personal injury lawyer will help collect evidence and a free independent medical assessment by a medical expert. We offer No Win No Fee to all our personal injury clients. This means you never need to pay in advance and about the legal fees. We charge you only if you win the council compensation claim and that too from the compensation amount only. So, if you have suffered any injury in the council administered zone, you can claim your compensation if the council’s fault is proved.