Check my claim Check claim
Or call free on:
We take your data seriously. See our privacy policy & terms.
By submitting this form you agree to be contacted by our partners.

When you submit your details, you'll be in safe hands. At Consumer Injury Claims, we work with various partners. All our solicitor partners are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Their friendly legal services advisers will call you to talk about your claim and give you free, no-obligation advice. Our Partners may pay us a marketing fee for our services.

By submitting your personal data, you agree for your details to be provided to our partner upon your request so they can contact you to discuss your claim.

If you win your case, your solicitor's success fee will be taken from the compensation you are awarded - up to a maximum of 25%. Your solicitor will discuss any fees with you before starting your case.

Council Claims

Claiming Compensation From Councils and Local Authorities

Councils and Local Authorities are the parts of local government who, as part of their jobs, make sure the health and safety of members of the public in the local area. They maintain many different services such as schools, public areas, sports facilities, and transport services.

Each local authority is responsible for the supervision and maintenance of their area and the services which they provide. These authorities have a duty of care to members of the public to ensure that their health and safety is a priority. To do this, they are expected to execute frequent assessments of the services that they provide to help them identify and reduce hazards that could potentially lead to an accident in a public place. It is also their duty to make people aware of these risks and hazards as this could reduce the risk of an accident occurring. If you have been involved in an accident and get injured on a property owned by a council or local authority you may be eligible to claim if it was caused as a result of negligent behavior on their behalf.

If you want to make a claim, firstly, you must get in touch with a trained legal adviser for free on , they will be able to tell you whether you have a claim or not. The amount of compensation you will receive will depend on the type of injury you’ve suffered, how serious it is, how much it costs you, and the ways it affects you and your life. 

What’s no win no fee?

The “No Win No Fee” accident claim was introduced to resolve the dilemma of financial problems and give claimants a fair chance of securing the compensation due to them even if they do not have the amount to pay the upfront fees required to hire a no win no fee solicitor. You will only be charged a success fee as a percentage of the compensation you receive – but this amount will have already been discussed. According to law, the solicitor fee will not be more than 25% if you do win your claim.

Claiming against the local authority for a slide or fall

We often work on the slip, trip or fall claims. There are many different ways when such cases can occur. Perhaps you slipped due to a pothole in the road? Maybe you tripped because there was not adequate signing warning you about roadworks? Regardless of the situation, so long as the injury was not your fault, all you need to do is to contact us and we will handle everything for you. You will be clear about claims against the council for personal injury after slips, trips, and falls after talking to us.

Local authorities are expected to intervene when told about a danger on its land or property – so, once notified, they should quickly fix the problem or at least carry out a risk evaluation. 

Claiming for playground and leisure center accidents

The accidents at the playground and leisure center are also common, and this also comes under The local authority’s ‘duty of care’. If an accident happens they will be responsible for compensation, so they should make sure these resources are safe for use to avoid accidents.

According to sections three and four of the Health and safety at work, etc. Act 1974, the local authority owes you a legal duty of care, and it is their responsibility to make sure the health and safety of its users so far as is sensibly practicable.

If you want to claim the local authority, you will have to support your claim by gathering evidence. Here are some key steps to take:

Keep a record of what happened- It is vital to make a note of what happened, as well as keeping a record of all expenses you have to spend due to your injuries, such as receipt or invoice.

Injuries while working for a local authority

It is very common to read about members of the public claiming compensation from the local council rather than employees. It is also very easy to forget that council/local authorities have a responsibility of care not only to the general public but also to their employees. Where a council worker can prove any damage was sustained as a result of negligence they may be able to claim for personal injury compensation.

If you want to make a claim, firstly, you must get in touch with a trained legal adviser for free on , or request a call back by filling in your contact details. They will be able to tell you whether you have a claim or not